Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Whitcomb Automotive, Inc.
N120 Fieldcrest Drive
Kaukauna, WI 54130
Back to Services |
Your brake system on your car or truck is one of - if not the most important system on your vehicle.
Imagine an animal runs out in front of your car or you have to come to a fast stop on the highway.
Honestly we never know when we are going to need them. We only know we are going to need them,
and when safety is involved you need to be confident that your brakes are going to work!
Your brake system consists of many different components. Over time these components break down
causing abnormal operation of your brakes. Problems like:
- SQUEEKING NOISE
- METAL GRINDING NOISE
- FLUID LEAKING OR LOW BRAKE FLUID
- LOW OR SPONGY BRAKE PEDAL
- HARD TO PRESS OR STIFF BRAKE PEDAL
- BRAKE LIGHT OR ABS LIGHT ON(THESE LIGHTS MAY BE ON SIMULTANEOUSLY OR BY THEMSELVES)
- CAR OR TRUCK PULLING IN ONE DIRECTION WHILE APPLYING BRAKES
- SMELL COMING FROM ONE OR MORE WHEELS
- PULSATING BRAKE PEDAL (BRAKE PEDAL MOVING UP AND DOWN WHILE PRESSING DOWN)
If your vehicle is expirencing any of these symptoms or others not described here, it is a good idea to
contact a repair shop to verify the vehicle is safe to drive and schedule an appointmet for a brake inspection
by a trained professinal. These concerns could be serious problems or early warning signs designed as part
of a brake wear detection system.
The WHITCOMB AUTOMOTIVE Brake Inspection:
Here is a list of the components we check during the inspection.
- DISC BRAKES: Brake Pads, Calipers, Rotors, Hardware and Brake Hoses
- DRUM BRAKES: Brake Shoes, Drums, Wheel Cylinders, Return Springs, Backing Plates, Brake Hoses and Hardware
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM: Master Cylinder, Brake Fluid, Brake Lines and Power Brake Booster
- EMERGENCY BRAKE: Cables and Adjustment